CampSite's Documents tool allows admins to retrieve data from a person's profile and save it onto a customized PDF. By inserting merge fields into the Document template, the Document will retrieve specific data on the person that it's being generated for (so that each Document is always personalized).
Common uses for CampSite's Documents feature include:
- Printing information from CampSite to store on paper (like a "hard copy" of each camper's Enrollment Form)
- Creating physical documents to distribute to others (like a "Camper information sheet" to hand out to counselors)
Creating a Document
First, create and save a custom Document template for the PDF you wish to generate.
First, navigate to CampSite's Admin settings page.
Documents can be created for Campers and/or Families; they can also be created for add-on modules (Staff, Alumni, Events [guests/groups], and Donors).
- Select the appropriate module depending on who the Document is for
- Click "Documents" on the left
- Click to "Add new document"
Next, provide the overall settings for the Document:
- Provide a name for the Document
- Specify the desired PDF width (in inches)
- Specify the desired PDF height (in inches)
- Click Submit to create the Document
Add Content to the Document
Next, you'll create the actual content that appears on the Document.
To edit the Document contents, double click the pencil icon to the left of the Document name.
- Use the text editor to add/edit content on the Document.
- Insert merge fields into the Document. Each merge field will populate the specific data on file for whomever you're generating the Document for.
- If desired, merge a profile photo into the Document.
- Format the content within the Document or embed images, links, or tables.
To demonstrate, here's an example of the content for a camper Document called "Printed Enrollment Form."
In the example screenshot above, plain text (which appears in black) precedes each merge field (which appear in blue). Looking at the "Name:" line as an example, every document will read "Name:", but each Document will present a different First and Last Name depending on which camper the Document is generated for.
See the "Document PDF" below for a screenshot of how the "Printed Enrollment Form" Document will look when it's generated for a specific camper.
- Double click to edit the body of the Document
- Double click to duplicate this Document
- Double click to preview the Document
- Double click to change the Document name
- Double click to change the width of the PDF that will be generated
- Double click to change the height of the PDF that will be generated
- Double click to delete the Document
- Save changes that are made on this page
Generating a Document
After a Document template is created, the Document can either be generated on an individual basis or in mass.
Generating an Individual Document
Generate a Document for one person via the Action Menu on the person's profile page.
For example, to generate a camper Document for an individual camper, go to the camper's profile page and:
- Open the Action Menu dropdown
- Click "Generate document"
A pop-up window will display all the Documents that exist for the pertaining module (e.g. in the screenshot above, we're seeing all saved camper Documents that exist).
Click the name of the specific Document you wish to generate and a PDF will be created. Depending on your web browser's PDF settings, the PDF will either display in your browser or be downloaded onto your computer.
For example, here's what the "Printed Enrollment Form" Document from above looks like when generated.
See how the merge fields are populating information specific to Rolando.
Generating Documents in Mass
Generate a Document for multiple people at once via the Advanced Reports page.
First, create an Advanced Report that contains all of the individuals you wish to generate a Document for.
Click the Documents button in the report toolbar.
- Choose whether or not to insert page breaks between each Document
- Click on the name of the Document you wish to generate
A confirmation message will display at the top of the screen to confirm that CampSite has begun generating your Documents. Once they've been generated, you'll receive an e-mail with from CampSite containing a link to download all Documents that were generated.
Within the e-mail that's received, click the button that says "Click here to download" and a .zip file containing all of the Documents will be downloaded to your device.