Bunking boards are used to manually assign campers to groups (called "divisions") within their enrolled sessions. Within each division, campers may also be assigned to a specific "bunk". Before you can begin assigning campers to a division/bunk, you must first set up your bunking boards layout.
Setting up Bunking Boards
To access Bunking Boards, open the Camper dropdown menu in the navigation bar and select "Bunking boards."
Creating divisions & bunks
First, create your divisions/bunks so you can begin assigning campers to them. Bunking boards are configured on a per-session basis, so each session in your database will have a separate bunking board.
Once on the Bunking Boards page, select a particular session from the Session dropdown list to navigate to that particular session's bunking board.
Once within the correct session, start by adding a new division.
- Enter the name of the new division.
- Click "Submit" to save.
Add more divisions following these steps (you may add as many divisions as needed).
After creating a division, you may create additional groups within the division (i.e. "bunks") by clicking "+Add a new bunk..."
- Enter the name of the bunk.
- Select the max number of campers that may be assigned to the bunk.
- Select the max number of staff that may be assigned to the bunk (this is only for use with CampSite's Staff Module).
- Click "Submit" to save.
- Double click to edit the name of a division.
- Double click to edit the name of a bunk.
- Double click the camper capacity of a bunk to edit.
- Double click the staff capacity of a bunk to edit.
Continue adding bunks and divisions for the session as needed. When configuring your bunking boards, note that a camper may only be grouped into 1 division/bunk for per session. Campers may not be placed into multiple divisions or bunks for a given session.
Looking at the screenshot above, campers enrolled in the 2016 Afterschool Program may be placed into 1 of 2 divisions - either "Dinosaurs" or "Wildcats". If assigned to the "Dinosaurs" division, campers may be further grouped into 1 of 3 bunks - "Pterodactyls", "Stegosauruses", or "T-Rexes". If assigned to the Wildcats division, they may be further grouped into 1 of 3 bunks - "Jaguars", "Lions", or "Tigers".
If you wish to set up the same bunking board layout on multiple sessions, you may copy one bunking board layout onto other session(s) in your database using the copy button. For more information on how to copy a bunking board, read "Copying Bunking Boards".
Once your bunking board is set up, you may start assigning enrolled campers to divisions/bunks. For more information on how to assign campers to a division/bunk, read "Assigning Campers And Staff To Divisions And Bunks".
Editing the Default Bunk terminology
If preferred, you may edit the default bunking boards terminology in CampSite to better suit your camp.
To customize the bunking terminology, go to Admin > Campers > Bunking Boards.
- Rename the overall "Bunking Boards" tool.
- Rename the main group that campers are grouped into ("Division").
- Rename the sub-group, within a Division, that campers may be grouped into (" Bunk").