Bunking boards are used to manually assign campers to groups within each of the sessions they're enrolled for. Bunking boards offer 2 levels of grouping - a parent group (called a "division"), and then sub-groups within each division (called "bunks"). Before you can start placing campers into divisions/bunks campers, you'll need to create your division/bunks on your bunking boards.
To access your bunking boards, open the Camper dropdown menu in the navigation bar and select "Bunking boards."
Each session in your database has a separate bunking board.
To begin, select the session for which you want to create a bunking board.
First, you'll create "divisions", which are the main groups that campers will be assigned to. Within each division, you can create sub-groups called "bunks" to further organize your campers.
To create a division, click "Add a new division..."
- Provide the name of the division.
- Click "Submit" to save.
Continue adding more divisions (if needed) until you've created all the divisions you need for this session.
To create sub-groups within a division, add bunks to the division.
To add bunks to a division, click the "Add a new bunk..." link underneath that particular division.
- Enter the name of the bunk.
- Select the maximum number of campers that may be assigned to the bunk.
- Select the maximum number of staff that may be assigned to the bunk (this only applies to camps who have purchased CampSite's Staff Module).
- Click "Submit" to save.
Bunks will be listed within each division, as pictured above. Continue adding more bunks (if needed) until you've created all the bunks you need for this division.
- Double click to edit the name of a division.
- Double click to edit the name of a bunk.
- Double click the camper capacity of a bunk to edit.
- Double click the staff capacity of a bunk to edit.
Continue adding bunks and divisions for the session as needed. When configuring your bunking boards, note that a camper may only be grouped into 1 division/bunk for per session. Campers may not be placed into multiple divisions or bunks for a given session.
Looking at the screenshot above, campers who enroll into Week 1 for 2020 may be placed into 1 of 2 divisions - either "Dinosaurs" or "Wildcats".
- If assigned to the "Dinosaurs" division, campers may then be grouped into 1 of 3 bunks - "Pterodactyls", "Stegosauruses", or "T-Rexes".
- If assigned to the Wildcats division, campers may then be grouped into 1 of 3 bunks - "Jaguars", "Lions", or "Tigers".
- Division name. Double-click to edit if needed.
- Division toolbar. Click once to collapse the division/hide all the bunks therein. Click again to expand.
- Additional details. Double-click to toggle on/off more details for everyone assigned to this division.
- Print. Double-click to print a list of everyone assigned to this division.
- Export. Double-click to download a CSV spreadsheet of everyone assigned to this division.
- Move up/down. Double-click the up and down arrows to move a division up or down on the page.
- Delete. Double click the delete button to delete this division. Deleting a division will also delete all bunks and un-assign all campers/staff within.
- The Division that contains the bunk.
- The Bunk name. Double-click to edit.
- The total number of campers currently assigned to this bunk.
- The maximum camper capacity for this bunk. Double-click to change the capacity.
- The total number of staff currently assigned to this bunk (note: this is only relevant to camps with the Staff module).
- The maximum staff capacity for this bunk (note: this is only relevant to camps with the Staff module).
- Double click to display additional details on everyone assigned to this bunk. Double-click again to hide additional details.
- Double-click the printer icon to print a list of everyone assigned to this bunk.
- Double-click to the export icon to download a CSV spreadsheet of everyone assigned to this bunk.
- Double-click red minus sign to delete this bunk. Deleting a division will also delete all bunks and un-assign all campers/staff within.
- A list of all persons assigned to this bunk.
- Click on a camper once to display additional details.
- Red indicates "Female" gender; blue indicates "Male" gender; and white indicates any gender other than Male/Female.
- A red dot signifies that the camper/staff is also enrolled/hired for other sessions.
- First-year campers/staff will be noted with a bold tile border.
Copying Bunking Boards to other Sessions
If your divisions/bunks will be the same for multiple sessions, you can copy one bunking board layout onto other session(s) using the copy button. For more information on how to copy a bunking board, read "Copying Bunking Boards".
Assigning Campers to Divisions/Bunks
Once your bunking board is set up, you may start assigning enrolled campers to divisions/bunks. For more information on how to assign campers to a division/bunk, read "Assigning Campers And Staff To Divisions And Bunks".
Customizing Bunking Board Terminology
Change the terms "bunking board," "division," and "bunk" to the terms used by your camp by updating your Bunking Board admin settings.
To find the bunking board terminology settings, go to Admin > Campers > Bunking Boards.
- Rename the overall "Bunking Boards" tool.
- Rename the main group that campers are grouped into (by default, "Division").
- Rename the sub-groups that campers are grouped into (by default, "Bunk").