Generate custom PDFs that contain merged data from a person's CampSite profile.
First, create a Document template to customize which fields of data will populate on to the PDF and stylize it to your liking (you can even embed profile pictures into each Document, too).
Then, generate a single Document via someone's profile page or a batch of documents for everyone populating on an advanced report.
Common uses for a Document include:
- Printing information from CampSite to store on paper (like a "hard copy" of each camper's Enrollment Form)
- Creating physical documents to distribute to others (like a "Camper information sheet" to hand out to counselors)
In this article, learn how to:
Create a Document template
Navigate to the Admin settings page.
- Select the appropriate module
- Select "Documents"
- Click "Add new document"
Provide the overall settings for the Document:
- Name the Document
- Specify the desired PDF width (in inches)
- Specify the desired PDF height (in inches)
Add Content to the Document
Next, create the content that appears on the Document by double clicking the pencil icon to the left of the Document name.
Use the text editor to type text that should appear on the Document, or paste content from external sources. Merge in data from the person's profile page, and/or their profile photo.
To demonstrate, here's an example of the content for a camper Document called "Printed Enrollment Form."
Above, plain text (which appears in black) precedes each merge field (which appear in blue). When generated, the document will display the same plain text for every camper, but the merge fields will produce personalized data from the camper's profile (E.g. "Name: Rolando").
See the "Document PDF" below for a screenshot of how the "Printed Enrollment Form" Document will look when it's generated for a specific camper.
- Double click to edit the body of the Document
- Double click to duplicate the Document
- Double click to preview the Document
- Double click directly on the name to change it
- Double click directly on the the width to change it
- Double click directly on the the height to change it
- Double click to delete the Document
Generating a Document
After a Document template is created, the Document can be generated for an individual or in mass.
Generating an Individual Document
Generate a Document for one person via the Action Menu on the person's profile page.
For example, to generate a camper Document for an individual camper, go to the camper's profile page and:
- Open the Action Menu dropdown
- Click "Generate document"
A pop-up window will display all the Documents that exist for this type of account (e.g. in the screenshot above, we're seeing all camper Documents).
Click the name of the specific Document you wish to generate and a PDF will be created. Depending on your web browser's PDF settings, the PDF will either display in your browser or be downloaded directly onto your computer.
For example, here's what the "Printed Enrollment Form" Document from above looks like when generated.
See how the merge fields are populating information specific to Rolando.
Generating Documents in Mass
Generate a Document for multiple people at once via the Advanced Reports page.
First, create an Advanced Report that contains all of the individuals you wish to generate a Document for.
Click the Documents button in the report toolbar.
- Choose whether or not to insert page breaks between each Document
- Click on the name of the Document you wish to generate
A confirmation message will display at the top of the screen to confirm that CampSite has begun generating your Documents. Once they've been generated, you'll receive an e-mail with from CampSite containing a link to download all Documents that were generated.
Within the e-mail that's received, click the button that says "Click here to download" and a .zip file containing all of the Documents will be downloaded to your device.