The Transactions tab provides a summary of the family's overall account balance (per year).
- Select which enrollment year to view the family's balance for.
- Transactions/balances are saved to specific enrollment years. Select a year to access the family's balance and transactions for that particular enrollment year.
- View/add/edit financial notes.
- View, edit, add, and remove the individual transactions on the family's account.
- View the family's current balance, and download or email a copy of the family's account statement.
Here, admins can view/add/edit notes regarding the family's financials. Financial notes are not accessible by parents - only by administrative users (who have been granted "Financial management" permission for the Camper's module).
- Type within the textbox to add/edit a financial note.
- Click "Save financial notes" to apply your changes.
Transactions are organized into two sections: charges & discounts and payments, credits, & refunds.
Charges and Discounts
Charges and discounts are located on the lefthand side of the Transactions tab and are organized by camper.
A charge represents the price asked for a service or good (e.g. the cost to attend a session; the price of an enrollment extra; etc.), while a discount represents a reduction in the usual price asked for a service or good.
All camper charges and discounts are totaled together to calculate the family's total charges that they need to pay for that enrollment year.
Payments, Credits, and Refunds
Payments, credits, and refunds are listed on the righthand side of the Transactions tab.
Unlike charges and discounts, these transactions are not associated with specific campers, so they will not be organized by camper (but in chronological order).
A payment represents money that your camp has received from the family. A credit represents a payment that was transferred from one enrollment year to another (e.g. when a camper unenrolls from camp and asks you to apply their payment to the next season instead of being refunded). A refund represents payment that your camp returned to the family.
All payments, credits, and refunds and are totaled together to calculate the total payments that have been made.
The family's current balance is calculated by subtracting the total payments for the year from their total charges for the year.
- View the family's current balance for the enrollment year that's been selected.
- Double click to download a PDF copy of the family's itemized statement.
- Double click to attach a PDF copy of the family's itemized statement to an outgoing email.
A statement provides a list of every transaction on the family's account for a specific enrollment year and their current total balance (i.e. a sum of all charges minus all payments).
Note that transactions that have been reversed or deleted will not display on the family's statement.
- Your camp's logo image.*
- Your camp's address.*
- The family's home address
- All active transactions on the family's account (for the specific enrollment year that the statement was generated for)
- The family's current balance (i.e. a sum of all charges minus all payments)
- Custom text that your camp has added to all statements. Add/edit custom text by going to Admin>Campers>Financial: Communication>Custom text to display on all statements.
- A list of all sessions that every camper within this family is currently enrolled for. Toggle whether or not to display sessions on statements by going to Admin>Campers>Financial: Communication>Show session dates of campers on all statements
*If you wish to change your logo or address, please submit a request to CampSite support.