This article explains how to merge duplicate camper accounts that exist within the same (1) family account. If you have duplicate family accounts that each contain the same camper, follow these instructions instead.
Important information regarding the merge process:
- During the merge, the Merge Tool copies data from one account (called the “source” account) over to the other account (called the “destination” account) and then deletes the source account.
- If both accounts have data on file for a field that cannot contain multiple entries (like profile picture, date of birth, a form submission, custom field data, etc.), CampSite will delete this field entry from the source camper and keep only the destination camper's entry when the merge is complete.
- Before you begin the merge, review the information on file in both camper accounts and decide which account to serve as the source account and which as the destination should certain fields conflict during the merge.
Completing the Merge
Navigate to the family profile that contains duplicate campers and click the Action Menu to select “Merge into another family”.
- For the "Destination Family ID," enter the family’s ID number (i.e. the same ID number listed at the top of the page).
- Click “Continue to next step.”
Next, you'll be presented each camper account within this family.
On the left, identify which camper account you would like to designate as the "source account", which will be merged into the "destination" camper account (you may reference the campers' ID numbers to distinguish between the two).
For the source camper listed on the left-hand side, click the dropdown menu to the right that says, "Do nothing with this camper" and select the destination camper.
Next, you'll need to:
- Review "How this merge tool works" to make sure you've designated the source/destination campers correctly
- Click to signify that you have read and understand the implications of this merge
- Click submit to finalize the merge
After merge is complete, you'll be redirected to the family's profile again, now containing a single account for the 2 campers that have been merged.
If both of the duplicate camper accounts were enrolled for the same session(s) prior to this merge, navigate to the family profile's Financial tab to reverse any duplicated charges/refund any over-payments, if needed.