This article explains how to merge duplicate camper accounts that exist within the same single family account. If you have duplicate camper accounts across duplicate family accounts as well, follow these instructions instead.
Important information regarding the merge process:
- During the merge, the Merge Tool copies data from one account (called the “source” account) over to the other account (called the “destination” account) and then deletes the source account.
- If both accounts have data on file for a field that cannot contain multiple entries (like profile picture, date of birth, a form submission, custom field data, etc.), CampSite will delete this field entry from the source camper and keep only the destination camper's entry when the merge is complete.
- Before you begin the merge, review the information on file in both camper accounts and decide which account to serve as the source account and which as the destination should certain fields conflict during the merge.
Completing the Merge
Navigate to the family profile that contains duplicate campers and click the Action Menu to select “Merge into another family”.
- For the "Destination Family ID," enter the family’s ID number (i.e. the same ID number listed at the top of the page).
- Click “Continue to next step.”
Next, you'll be presented each camper account within this family.
On the left, identify which duplicate account will be the "source account" that's merged into the other "destination" account (using the ID number to distinguish between the two).
For the source camper on the left, click the dropdown menu to the right, and change "Do nothing with this camper" to select the destination camper account instead.
Next, you'll need to:
- Review "How this merge tool works" to make sure you've designated the source/destination campers correctly
- Click to signify that you have read and understand the implications of this merge
- Click submit to finalize the merge
After merge is complete, you'll be redirected to the family's profile again, now containing a single account for the 2 campers that have been merged.
If both of the duplicate camper accounts were enrolled prior to this merge, please navigate to the family profile's Financial tab and reverse any duplicated charges/refund any double payments, if needed.