CampSite's "Merge Tool" allows you to easily merge together duplicate family accounts from the Family Profile page.
If you do not have duplicate family accounts, but a single family that created duplicate camper accounts therein, please click here.
Important information regarding the merge process:
- During the merge, the Merge Tool copies data from one account (called the “source” account) over to the other account (called the “destination” account) and then deletes the source account.
- If both accounts have data on file for a field that cannot contain multiple entries (like parent e-mail address, home address, cell phone number, custom field data, etc.), CampSite will delete this field entry from the source family and keep only the destination camper's entry when the merge is complete.
- Before you begin the merge, review the information on file in both family accounts and decide which account to serve as the source account and which as the destination should certain fields conflict during the merge.
Completing the Merge
Start the merge process by navigating to the destination family profile page and taking note of their family ID number (located at the end of the profile URL). You'll need to type this number in to the Merge Tool later.
Next, navigate to the source family's profile page and select the Merge Tool from the Action Menu.
Enter the destination family’s ID number and click “Continue to next step.”
Next, verify that you entered the correct family ID number by reviewing the 2 families to be merged together. Then, select whether or not to also merge duplicate camper accounts across both families.
- If both family accounts contain an account for the same camper, merge these 2 accounts together by selecting the duplicate camper in the corresponding dropdown on the right.
- If the source camper on the left is not a duplicate and should not be merged, leave "Don't merge - just move this camper into the destination family" selected in corresponding dropdown on the right.
Finally, carefully read the implications of completing this merge; check mark that you've read and understand the implications of completing this merge; and click "Complete merge"
If you've merged together duplicate campers, please review the family's "Financial" tab after the merge is complete, to reverse any duplicate charges/refund any duplicate payments as needed.