Users with DB Management 'Admin' permission have the ability to create other admin-side users for their camp's CampSite account.
Adding a new user is a two-step process: first, create their account; then, configure their account settings.
Creating a new user
Creating a new user is a 2-step process. First, create the user's account; then, configure the settings for their account.
- To create a new user, go to Admin > DB Management > Users > Click +Add new user...
- Create the user's login credentials.
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters with at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter, and one number.
- CampSite's permissions model allows you to create permission templates (called User Templates) for common permissions roles. To automatically apply an existing User Template of permissions upon creating this user, select the template here.
- If you do not select a template, you will need to configure this user's permission settings manually after you create their account.
- If selected, CampSite will automatically send this user an e-mail with login instructions once you click "Submit" to create their account (i.e. the link to your database, plus the password you set up for their account).
- Click "Submit" to create the new user.
Next, you must configure the settings for the new user's account. Continue reading to learn how to manage the settings for a user.
Managing the Settings for a User
- To access the settings for a user, double click the expand icon for their account.
- If you just created a new user, their settings will automatically expand as soon as you create their account.
- Select the permissions you wish to grant this user to determine their access level for CampSite.
- To learn more about permission settings, click here.
- Choose which automatic e-mail notifications this user should receive from CampSite.
- Expand each notification category and checkmark which email notifications you'd like the user to receive.
- Choose which page this user is directed to immediately after logging in.
- Type a new password to apply to this user's account (if needed).
- Save the changes you have made to this user's account settings.