Each saved report in your database has it's own permission settings that control the level of access each admin user has for the report. Report permissions can be managed one report at a time, or in mass.
Important note: You must have "admin" permission for a report to edit the report's permissions. By default, the user who created/saved the report is the only user given "admin" permission for the report. All other admin users are granted "read"-only access, unless the creator of the report edits the report permissions to give other users "admin" permission.
There are 3 different levels of permission for a saved report:
- Admin: The user can view, edit, and delete the report, and can also control other users' permissions for the report.
- Read: The user can view the report, but cannot save changes to or delete the report, nor can they control other users' permissions.
- No permission assigned: The user cannot view, edit, or delete the report.
Edit Report Permissions for a Single Report
Edit a user's permission for a single report using the Permissions button on the Advanced Reports page.
- Load the saved report you wish to edit permissions for
- Click the Permissions button
- Checkmark the user you wish to give permission
To prevent a user from having access to the report, uncheck their name.
- Select a permission level on the right
- Click Update permissions to save changes
Edit Report Permissions in Mass
Edit a user's permissions for multiple reports at once via the Advanced Reports Management page.
Click the Advanced Reports Management link in the top right corner of the Advanced Reports page.
1. Expand the Report Categories
If your report categories are collapsed, you must expand the categories before beginning to edit permissions.
Click the category name to expand every category containing the reports you wish to manage the permissions for.
3. Checkmark Reports
Checkmark which reports you wish to update permissions for, using the "select all/none" link or by individually checkmarking reports.
Note that you may only select the reports for which you currently have "admin" permission.
4. Select to Add or Remove Permissions
To give a user new permissions for the selected reports, click Add permissions.
To revoke a user's permissions to the selected reports, click Remove permissions.
- Select a user
- Select a permission level
- Click Add permissions to save changes
Note: If the user already has a different permission level for a selected report, it will be changed to the permission level selected here.