Control which payment methods are available in your CampSite database via Financial: Payment Methods.
There are two types of payment methods in CampSite: Electronic and non-electronic.
- Use electronic payment methods to transact payments/refunds via credit card and/or ACH (using your payment gateway).
- Use non-electronic payment methods to record that a payment/refund already occurred (without actually transacting the funds).
Electronic Payment Methods
Your payment gateway provider will determine which electronic payment methods you've been approved to use for processing electronic transactions via CampSite.
Use the Yes/No toggle for each payment method to enable/disable them in your database.
These settings apply to payments created by parents and administrators.
Custom (Non-electronic) Payment Methods
Non-electronic payment methods allow admin users to record that a payment or refund already occurred through a specific method.
Note that non-electronic payment methods are only available on the enrollment form if your camp is using manual enrollment processing mode. Enrollment processing mode is designated in the General Options of your Enrollment Form Setup (on Step 8 of the Camper Setup Wizard).
- Choose whether to allow parents to select "Check" as a payment method when checking out on the enrollment form.
- If you enable "Check," you can add custom instructions that display whenever parents select "check" when checking out on the enrollment form.
- Add a custom non-electronic payment method.
- Edit existing custom payment methods.
- Save changes.
Add a Custom Payment Method
After clicking, "add payment method," you'll be asked to provide the following details.
- Name the payment method.
- Choose whether to offer this payment method to parents when checking out on the enrollment form.
- If you select 'No', this payment method will only be available to admin users when they create payments/refunds via the family's profile.
- If you allow parents to select this payment method on the enrollment form, add instructions to present to parents who select this method.
- Add the payment method.
Edit Custom Payment Methods
- Rearrange the order in which payment methods appear when selecting a payment method.
- Double click to edit the details for a payment method.
- Double click to delete a payment method
- Note that a payment method cannot be deleted if transactions have already been created using this method.
- To remove a payment method from the enrollment form without deleting it, double click the pencil icon and change "Allow parent to select on enrollment form?" to No.