In order for a donor to make an extended payment towards a family's balance, an admin user must request payment from the donor by creating a "payment request."
Donors can make extended payments towards their payment requests via their Donor Dashboard; or, an admin user may submit a donor payment manually via the donor's profile page.
Learn how to use the Payment Requests tab of the Donor's profile page to:
Add a New Payment Request
- Select the camp year towards which you want the payment to apply.
- Click the "Payment requests" tab
- Click to "Add a new payment request"
1. Start typing the last name of the family towards which you want to apply this payment.
2. Select the correct family from the search results that display.
3. Type the amount of the payment.
4. Select the payment schedule group that the family's payment schedule belongs to. CampSite will then apply this payment towards the family's payment schedule, to reduce the amount the family owes on for this payment schedule once the payment request is paid.
5. Click to create the payment request on the donor's account.
Notify Donors of a Payment Request/Send an Invoice
Admins can email the donor regarding their payment request by double clicking the envelope icon for the request after it's been created.
A PDF invoice of the request can also be attached to the email.
Customize the email and submit.
Generate a PDF Invoice for a Payment Request
Double click the statement icon to generate a PDF copy of the invoice for a payment request.
Edit a Payment Request
If the extended payment has not been paid yet, admins may edit the payment request by double clicking the pencil icon.
Edit the amount and/or which of the family's payment schedule groups the payment will be applied towards.
Post an Extended Payment
Manually post an extended payment towards a donor's payment request using the "Pay" button.
- Use this feature to post an electronic payment on the donor's behalf, or to record that the extended payment was made outside of CampSite (e.g. by check).
First, click the "Pay" button for the particular payment request you wish to fulfill.
- Select a payment method. If you wish to enter a credit card payment, the donor must already have this credit card saved on file. Donors may save a credit card to their account via the Donor Dashboard; or, you may manually add a new saved credit card by navigating to the "Credit cards" tab of their donor profile.
- Click "Pay payment request" to post this payment (If the payment method for this request is set to "Credit card" or "Checking account," CampSite will begin processing this payment via your payment gateway as soon as this button is clicked).
After a payment is posted successfully, you will see:
- A confirmation message at the top of the screen.
- A status of "paid" for this request.
Void or Refund an Extended Payment
Use the action buttons to refund or void a payment.
To learn more about voiding payments, click here.