Occasionally, families will create duplicate accounts for the Parent Dashboard, resulting in two versions of the family within your database.
CampSite's "Merge Tool" allows you to merge duplicate family accounts into one while preserving the data from both accounts.
This article explains how to merge together duplicate families (including how to merge duplicate campers across the duplicate family accounts).
If you have a family that has only one family account, but they created duplicate campers within their family, please click here to learn how to merge only duplicate campers.
Important information regarding the merge process:
The Merge Tool merges accounts by copying the data from one of the family's accounts (called the “source” account) into the family's other account (called the “destination” account), so that the destination account includes all data from both accounts. Then, the source account is deleted so that only the destination account remains.
Certain data fields in CampSite can only contain one piece of data (e.g. first/last name, e-mail address, home address, cell phone number, etc). In that case, if both of the family's accounts have data for a field that can only hold one piece of data, CampSite will ignore the source family's data and keep only the destination family's data for those fields.
That said, during the merge process, you'll specify which of the family's accounts will serve as the "source" and which as the "destination". This will then determine which data will be kept for fields that cannot hold more than one data entry.
Please also note that we cannot "undo" a merge that was completed incorrectly, so proceed with caution!
Step 1: Identify the ID Number for the Destination Account
Once you determine which account will serve as the source and which as the destination, navigate to the destination family profile page and make note of their family ID number (located at the end of the URL, as shown above). You'll need to enter this number into the Merge Tool later, so make sure you remember it correctly.
Step 2: Open the Merge Tool on the Source Account
Next, navigate to the profile page the source account, open the Action Menu, and click "Merge into another family..."
Step 3: Complete the Merge
There are 3 parts to completing the merge process.
Enter the Destination Family ID
- Enter the family ID number for the destination account (into which you'd like to copy the source family's data).
- Click to “continue to next step”
Review the Merge Settings
Next, review the merge settings.
- Verify the two families to be merged. If this is incorrect, return to the previous step and change the Destination Family ID as needed (or, begin the merge from a different source family).
- Select how the merge tool should handle the campers in the source family account.
- Select whether or not to merge each camper in the source family with a camper in the destination family.
For every camper in the source family, select the dropdown menu on the right and choose an action.
- If a camper from the source family was also created in the destination family, you can merge the two campers together by selecting the duplicate camper from the action menu on the right.
- If a camper from the source account was not created in the destination family, select "don't merge" and the source camper will be copied over as is (and not merged into another camper).
Complete the Merge
- Carefully read the implications of completing this merge.
- Check mark that you've read and understand the implications.
- Click "Complete merge" to finalize the merge process.
Again, we cannot "undo" a merge, so please proceed with caution!
Once the merge is complete, you'll be redirected to the destination family profile.
Note that the parents will need to make sure they use the email/password for the destination account to access the Parent Dashboard.