CampSite's e-mail tool allows admins to send outgoing e-mail messages to parents, campers, alumni, staff, groups/guests, and donors.
E-mails can be composed just prior to sending; or, they can be composed in advance and saved for sending later. Saved e-mails are useful for messages you want to send repeatedly, eliminating the need to manually compose the message each time.
There are 3 parts to composing an e-mail in CampSite:
*E-mails cannot be sent when composing a saved e-mail, so the "recipients" section will not display.
Applying E-mail Settings
- Load a previously saved e-mail message. To compose a new e-mail message, do not select a saved e-mail.
Type of E-mail: Choose whether this is a Marketing or Informational message. Learn more about these two e-mail types here.
E-mail template: Apply a saved e-mail template.
E-mail signature: Apply a saved e-mail signature.
From: Specify the sender name that'll be displayed to your recipient.
(email address): Specify which e-mail address should receive all replies parents send in response to this message.
Subject: Edit the subject line for this e-mail.
Attach a statement? Attach a PDF copy of the family's financial statement. Note: This option only displays on family-level e-mails.
Attach document: Generate one of your saved CampSite Documents for each recipient and attach it as a PDF.
Attachment: Upload a file from your computer and attach it to your message.
Composing a Message
- Add merge fields to the body of the email. When a merge field is added, CampSite will populate the recipient's data from that field into your message, personalizing your email to each recipient.
- Report toolbar: Format your e-mail message by adding content or changing the look of your text. Hover over each button to learn its function.
- Text editor: Type the body of your e-mail message.
- Save e-mail: Save the e-mail in your database (if you'd like to send this same message again).
Copy this e-mail: Save a copy of this e-mail under a specific name.
Preview this e-mail: Preview what this e-mail will look like to your recipient.
Send test e-mail: Send a test to the e-mail address you enter before sending it to your actual e-mail recipients.
Specifying the Recipients
BCC: Admins: Select other admin users in your database to BCC to this message.
Additional BCCs: Type additional e-mail addresses to BCC to this message (separated by commas).
- Recipients: for the Campers module: Select whether to designate P1/P2/D1/D2 parents as recipients.
- Reset Parent Dashboard passwords in mass.
- Manage your recipients by manually de-selecting anyone who should be excluded. Anyone de-selected will not receive your e-mail.
- Click "Send e-mail" to deliver your message to the selected recipients.