E-mails can either be sent to an individual recipient by selecting "send an e-mail" from the Action Menu on their profile page; Or, e-mails can be sent in mass to all the results on an Advanced Report by clicking the E-mail button in the report toolbar.
Once you click to send your e-mail, you'll be presented this page:
There are 3 parts to creating an e-mail in CampSite:
*When creating a saved e-mail in your Admin settings, part 3 (sending functions) will not appear.
Applying E-mail Settings
- Load one of the saved e-mail messages you've created in your Admin settings. If you'd like to compose a new e-mail from scratch, do not select a saved e-mail from this menu.
Type of E-mail: Choose whether this is a Marketing or Informational message. Learn more about these two e-mail types here.
E-mail template: Apply a saved e-mail template.
E-mail signature: Apply a saved e-mail signature.
From: Specify the sender name that'll be displayed to your recipient.
(email address): Specify which e-mail address should receive all replies parents send in response to this message.
Subject: Edit the subject line for this e-mail.
Attach a statement? Attach a PDF copy of the family's account statement. Note: This option only displays on family-level e-mails.
Attach document: Generate one of your saved CampSite Documents for each recipient and attach it as a PDF.
Attachment: Upload a file from your computer and attach it to your message.
Composing a Message
- Add a merge field to pull in specific data from camper/family profiles into your e-mail message. Note: The fields you can merge into an e-mail vary between camper and family-level e-mails.
- Report toolbar: Format your e-mail message by adding content or changing the look of your text. Hover over each button to learn what that function is.
- The text editor, where you'll type your e-mail message.
Save e-mail: Save your current e-mail settings and message as a saved e-mail in your database (if you'd like to send this same message again).
Copy this e-mail: If you loaded a previously saved e-mail but then changed it here, save this new version as a different saved e-mail.
Preview this e-mail: Preview what this e-mail will look like to your recipient.
Send test e-mail: Enter your own e-mail address and click "Send test e-mail" to send this message to yourself (for visualizing how this e-mail will look to your recipients). Sending yourself a test e-mail is always a good idea before sending a mass e-mail to parents.
Specifying the Recipients
BCC: Admins: Select other admin users in your database to BCC to this message.
Additional BCCs: Type additional e-mail addresses to BCC to this message (separated by commas).
- Recipients: Select all P1/P2/D1/D2 parents to designate as recipients.
- Reset Parent Dashboard passwords in mass.
- Manage your recipients by manually selecting/de-selecting each individual recipient, or, select all/none. Only recipients selected here will be sent your e-mail.
- Click "Send e-mail" to deliver your message above to the recipients you've specified in this section.
To learn about viewing statistics for mass e-mails you send, read our E-mail Statistics article.