When you're ready to begin enrolling campers and hiring staff for the next camp year, it's time to begin the 2-step Database Rollover process.
Step 1 opens up the following year in your database while offering to copy over different elements of your current enrollment form/staff application setup to the next year (so that you don't need to re-build either form from scratch for the new season). Once you submit Step 1, you'll have opened up the next year in CampSite, which will allow campers to enroll/staff to apply for next year.
Step 2 serves to close out the previous year and set your current database year to the new year you've just opened through Step 1. Do not complete Step 2 unless all of your sessions under the previous CampSite year have been completed, as closing out a year in CampSite will prevent you from enrolling/un-enrolling campers for any of those sessions; hiring/un-hiring staff for those sessions; and utilizing Attendance logging for those sessions. If this is the case, you may leave only Step 1 complete and return to the Rollover Wizard to complete step 2 once all of your sessions under the previous year have been completed.
To access the Rollover Wizard, go the Admin page and select the DB management tab (Admin > DB Management > Rollover wizard).
Step 1: Begin Enrolling / Hiring for 2019
During Step 1, the Rollover Wizard will present you with each part of your current year's enrollment setup. For each section, you'll select whether or not you'd like to copy over that existing setup to the new camp year. If you'd like to set up the new camp year differently, you're free to add new items to your setup after the Rollover is complete. You can also edit items that you choose to copy over below.
- Please read the "Important information" section before starting the rollover process. In particular, please note that if you have any sessions still in progress for the current camp year, you should only perform Step 1 of the Rollover, and wait until all sessions for that year are finished before completing Step 2.
- Starting with, "Enrollment Options," click through each section on this page and carefully review which parts of your current enrollment setup you'd like to copy over to the following year.
- Once all sections have been reviewed, click "Submit Rollover Wizard." This will open up the options for the new year, but leave the previous years options still available.
For a more detailed tutorial on how to complete Step 1, please click here.
Step 2: Set 'current year' to 2019
Step 2 of the Rollover asks you to confirm that you're ready to close out the previous camp year (meaning you no longer need to enroll/un-enroll campers or hire/un-hire staff for that year). By confirming, CampSite will then close out enrollment/hiring for the previous year and update your "current year" in CampSite.
- First, confirm that you're ready to your current camp year is finished (ie. all sessions from the previous enrollment year are completed and your camp no longer needs to have two active enrollment/hiring years open) and that you're ready to update your "current year".
- Click "set current camper and staff years to 2019" to complete the Database Rollover.