Parents/staff complete Web forms digitally, by typing their responses into the form via the Parent/Staff Dashboards. Admins can then report on the responses that are provided, via Advanced Reporting.
The "scope" of a form determines how frequently it must be completed.
- Permanent forms are filled out only once. The responses provided will remain on the form permanently (year after year).
- Yearly forms must be filled out once a year.
- Session forms must be filled out if a camper is enrolling / the staff person is hired for that particular session.
To create a new web form, select "+Add new form..." within the appropriate scope (Permanent, Yearly, Session), depending on how frequently you wish to have the form completed.
- Enter the name of the form
- Select "Web"
- Enter a due date, if applicable
- Leave "Active" to No until you're finished adding questions to the form (explained later in this article)
- Choose if you would like to allow the form to be edited through the Parent or Staff Dashboard after submission. Making a form editable will allow the user to come back and make changes to it later.
- Choose if you would like the form to trigger the "form submission notification" for your administrative users opted-in to this notificaiton
- Select if the form has any restrictions. Restrictions can be set for campers and staff appearing on, or not appearing on, a specific Advanced Report
- Camper reports may be displayed during the Enrollment process. If displayed during enrollment, you will be able to choose to require the form during enrollment
- Click "Create form" to save
The new form has been added to the list of forms. Italics indicate that the form is currently inactive.
Next, click the form name to edit the form.
Adding Questions to a Form
Each question must be added to the form one at a time.
To add a question, click the "+Add new question..." (as shown above).
- Type the question you wish to ask
- Select the "type" of response* you wish to collect
- Choose whether or not the question is mandatory
- Click "Save changes" to save this question to the form
*To learn more about each question response type, click here.
Continue adding additional questions to the form as needed.
- Click "Add new question" to add an additional question
- Click "Save changes" to save any new questions to the form
- Double-click the red minus sign to delete a question
- Click and drag to reorder questions on the form
The preview shows the form as it will appear on the Parent Dashboard.
- To continue editing the form, click "Edit this form."
- If you're finished editing the form, click "Return to Camper forms" to return to the Camper Forms page.
Activating the Form
Once you've finished building the form, you'll need to activate it.
To do that, double-click on the pencil icon to open the form settings again and change the "Active" setting to "Yes" and save your changes.
Once active, the form will be accessible on the Parent Dashboard.