Advanced reports allows you to easily create custom reports by pulling fields from various places within CampSite. Creating custom reports not only gives you the ability to see specific information about your Campers but also gives you the option to apply filters to narrow down your report results. These reports can be used for mass e-mailing, generating canned letters, and posting mass transactions.
To create or view an advanced report, select Advanced Reports from the Campers dropdown menu on the navigation bar.
If you have any saved reports, you can select them from the dropdown. In this example, we will create a new report.
Creating an Advanced Report
As an example, we'll create a report for Campers enrolled in Week 1, including date of birth, their home phone number, and their t-shirt size, a question asked on their enrollment form.
Enrolled Campers can be added by selecting Sessions, or by typing session names into the text box, allowing for reporting on campers enrolled in any or all sessions.
Statuses allows for reporting on campers who are not currently enrolled for the selected year.
Fields are organized into tabs by category.
Check the box next to a field to add it to your report. Clicking the tabs will allow you to select fields within that category.
Once you've selected the fields you need, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the pop-up.
Additional columns will be added to the report with the new fields.
- Click and drag a field to re-order the columns on the report
- Double-click the red minus sign to remove a field
- Click a column header to sort data alphabetically or numerically
Any reportable field can also be added as a filter, which can be used to narrow down the results of your report.
We will add a filter to our report so it only includes campers who are between 8 and 10 years old.
The options for a filter are dependent on the type of field selected. For example, a text field may have options for "contains", but a dropdown field would not have this variable.
After entering the information for your filter, click Add filter.
Additional filters can be added by following the same procedure.
- Report Info can be viewed for any saved report. This allows the report owner to rename, or delete, a saved report.
- Save as allows you to create a copy of an existing saved report.
- The report owner can set the Permissions on a saved report to determine which CampSite users can view the report.
- Any user with permission to view a saved report may Subscribe to it. Subscribing to a report will send the user daily, weekly, or monthly updates by e-mail with the current report results.
- Advanced Report Management allows the user to change mass permissions and/or add new report categories.
- Refresh allows you to refresh the results without resetting the whole page.
- E-mail the individuals on the report.
- Send mass Text messages to families.
- Export the report as a spreadsheet.
- Share saved report with other administrators.
- Generate documents.
- Generate labels.
- View all campers on the Family Map.
- Download profile photos for all individuals on the report.
- Edit camper data on the report.
- Post a mass transaction for all campers or families on the report.
- Missing Forms Report allows the user to check and see what forms a camper need to still fill out and return.
- Users can generate any report, and then use the 'Statements' button to generate statements for the families in the report. The user will receive an e-maillinking them to a .zip file of the statement .pdfs.
Advanced Report Management
- A new category can be added in order to better sort/search reports.
- Within the row the user has the ability to edit the name or switch report categories. They can also lock/change the permissions for certain users. The rows also contain the title of the report, permission level of the user, and the restrictions that use the report. (these restrictions are from forms or session restrictions)
- Edit mass permissions for users across the board.
- Delete reports for certain categories.