Advanced reports allows you to easily create custom reports by pulling fields from various places within CampSite. Creating custom reports not only gives you the ability to see specific information about your Campers but also gives you the option to apply filters to narrow down your report results. These reports can be used for mass e-mailing, generating canned letters, and posting mass transactions.
To create or view an advanced report, select Advanced Reports from the Campers dropdown menu on the navigation bar.
If you have any saved reports, you can select them from the dropdown. In this example, we will create a new report.
Creating an Advanced Report
As an example, we'll create a report for Campers enrolled in Week 1, including date of birth, their home phone number, and their t-shirt size (a question asked on their enrollment form).
Enrolled Campers can be added by selecting Sessions, or by typing session names into the text box, allowing for reporting on campers enrolled in any or all sessions.
Statuses allows for reporting on campers who are not currently enrolled for the selected year.
After selecting sessions or statuses, campers belonging to that session or status will display in the report results. In this example, all 45 campers enrolled in "Week 1" are displaying in the report results.
By default, report results include only camper first and last name. To add more information to your report, click +Add fields...
- Fields are organized into tabs by category. Click each tab to view which fields of information you can add.
- Check mark a field to add it as an additional column in your report.
- Once you've selected the fields you need, click the X in the upper-right corner to close the pop-up.
Additional columns will be added to the report with the new fields.
- Click and drag a field to re-arrange where the column is positioned in the report.
- Double-click the delete icon to remove a field.
- Click a column header to sort results in ascending order by the values in this column; click again to sort in descending order.
Report results can also be filtered according to each, in order to narrow down the results of your report.
In our example, we'll add a filter to narrow down our results to only include campers who are between 8 and 10 years old.
Next, we need to specify the filter criteria.
- First, select how to filter by this field. Filter criteria are dependent on how the data in that field is collected. For example, age can be filtered by "is between", "is not between", "is blank", or "is not blank". To filter a specific age range, we'll select "is between".
- Enter the criteria details. Here, we'll enter 8 to 10, and then Add Filter.
Now that our has been applied, our report results lowered from 45 to only 23 campers in the "Week 1" session that are between the ages of 8 and 10.
- Report Info can be viewed for any saved report. This allows the report owner to rename, or delete, a saved report.
- Save as allows you to create a copy of an existing saved report.
- The report owner can set the Permissions on a saved report to determine which CampSite users can view the report.
- Any user with permission to view a saved report may Subscribe to it. Subscribing to a report will send the user daily, weekly, or monthly updates by e-mail with the current report results.
- Advanced Report Management allows the user to change mass permissions and/or add new report categories.
- Refresh allows you to refresh the results without resetting the whole page.
- E-mail the individuals on the report.
- Send mass Text messages to families.
- Export the report as a spreadsheet.
- Share saved report with other administrators.
- Generate documents.
- Generate labels.
- View all campers on the Family Map.
- Download profile photos for all individuals on the report.
- Edit camper data on the report.
- Post a mass transaction for all campers or families on the report.
- Missing Forms Report allows the user to check and see what forms a camper need to still fill out and return.
- Users can generate any report, and then use the 'Statements' button to generate statements for the families in the report. The user will receive an e-mail linking them to a .zip file of the statement .pdfs.
Advanced Report Management
- Add a new category for organizing reports.
- For each report, double click the pencil icon to edit the name or change the report category it belongs to. Double click the lock to edit permissions for certain users. View the report name, your permission level to the report, and any forms or enrollment options that are using the report as a restriction.
- Add or remove another user's permissions to multiple reports at once.
- Delete reports for certain categories.
Mass Permission Changes
Mass permission changes allow you to add or remove another user's permissions to multiple reports at once. Only users with "Admin" access to a report have the ability to add or remove permissions other users' permissions to that report.
1. Select the reports below that you wish to apply permissions changes to. Select all reports in one category or select each report individually.
2. Click 'Add permissions...' or 'Remove permissions...' tool to apply the changes.
- Adding permissions to a report allows you to give other users read or admin-level access to those reports.
- Removing permissions to a report revokes that user's access to the report.
1. Select which admin user to add permissions for.
2. Select whether to grant 'read' or 'admin'-level permissions for the reports you've selected.
- 'Read' permission allows users to only access and use the report. They cannot edit any report settings or delete the report.
- 'Admin' permission allows users to access the report, edit the report settings, grant/revoke other users' permissions to the report, and delete the report if needed.