Enrollment options are what parents see/select on your enrollment form when enrolling their camper.
Enrollment options are built by bundling together various items that you created on the previous steps of the Setup Wizard (e.g. sessions from Step 2; payment schedules from Step 4; tuition plans from Step 5).
That said, the items you created on previous Setup Wizard steps are not visible to parents until you build them into an enrollment option here on Step 9.
On Step 9, you may:
Create a New Enrollment Option
There are 2 steps to creating a new enrollment option:
- Add the option
- Create at least one "bundle" within the option
Add a New Enrollment Option
First, click the +Add enrollment option... link.
Next, you'll be asked to provide the following details:
- Enter the name of the new enrollment option
- Enter a description
- Associate a payment schedule group to the option
- This allows the parent to select one of the payment schedules within that group when enrolling
- Choose whether to actively display the option on the enrollment form
- Click Add enrollment option.
The new enrollment option will appear at the bottom of the page, with the settings expanded.
Next, you must create at least one bundle within the enrollment option.
An enrollment option is not complete until you've created at least one bundle within it. If an option has no bundles, it will not appear on the enrollment form.
When creating a bundle, you'll link certain sessions with a specific tuition plan and enrollment extras. You must create said sessions/tuition plans/enrollment extras on the previous steps of the Setup Wizard before creating the bundle.
To create a bundle, click +Add bundle...
- Enter the name for the bundle
- Set the number of sessions the parent must select if they choose this bundle
- Select the tuition plan for the bundle
- Select the session choices
- If the "number of sessions" is less than how many "session choices" you've selected, parents will need to select that "number of sessions" from the list of session choices.
- For example, if "number of sessions" = 1, and 2 "session choices" are checkmarked, parents must choose only 1 of those 2 sessions.
- Select whether or not to make the bundle active (visible) on the enrollment form (inactive = admin-only)
- (Optional) Select to offer certain enrollment extras with this bundle
- Click Add bundle
Once an enrollment option has at least 1 active bundle, setup is complete. Optionally, you can continue to create additional bundles for the option if needed (e.g. if you offer different variations within this enrollment option). Note that parents can only choose one bundle per enrollment option.
Next, choose whether or not to set a deposit for this bundle.
A deposit is the minimum amount of the camper's enrollment balance that must be paid at the time of enrollment. By configuring a deposit on the bundle, you're setting a deposit specifically for the balance incurred by this particular enrollment option. Note that deposits can also be configured once per year instead of per option via your yearly deposit settings on Step 8.
Select "yes" to require a deposit for this specific bundle, and then provide the following information:
- Select a transaction category to assign every deposit payment towards
- Select whether to charge the deposit as a flat amount or percentage
- Indicate the amount for the deposit
- If you select percentage as the deposit "Type," choose whether the percentage should be calculated from the full amount (tuition plan AND enrollment extras) or just the tuition plan
The bundle will now be added to the enrollment option.
Enrollment Option Settings
Rearrange the order in which your enrollment options appear by clicking on the re-arrange icon (see above) and dragging & dropping the option to a new position.
Edit the Name/Description
Double click the pencil icon for the enrollment option to edit the option name or description.
Enrollment Option Tabs
Double click the expand icon to expand an enrollment option and access additional settings for that particular option.
Different settings are stored in their respective tabs within the option, as shown above.
- Rearrange bundles by clicking and dragging
- Double-click to change the bundle settings (name, tuition plan, or active status)
- Click to manage the sessions associated with this bundle.
- Sessions cannot be changed after the bundle has been selected by someone.*
- Click to change the deposit amount
- Click to add/edit/remove enrollment extras for this bundle
- Double-click to delete a bundle.
- A bundle cannot be deleted if it's already been selected by someone.**
*If you need to edit sessions for a bundle but can't, remove the bundle from your enrollment form by making the bundle not active. Then, create a new bundle with the correct sessions.
**However, you can still remove the bundle from the enrollment form by making it not active.
Add/Edit/Remove Extras on a Bundle
First, locate the relevant enrollment option bundle. Next, go to the "Extras" column and click the link displaying the current number of extras assigned to the bundle (e.g. "None"; "1 extra";"2 extras", etc.)
Note: If you haven't done so already, you must create the enrollment extra on Step 6 before you can add it to an enrollment option.
To add an extra to the bundle, click + Add enrollment extra...
- Select the enrollment extra to add
- Configure whether or not this extra is mandatory.
- If mandatory, the extra will be automatically selected for the camper and cannot be deselected.
- Configure whether or not this extra is active.
- If an extra is not active, parents will not see it on the enrollment form, but admins can apply the extra to a camper's account manually.
- Configure whether or not parents may return to the enrollment form after their enrollment request has been submitted to purchase the extra
- Add the enrollment extra
- Click and drag to 'rearrange' icon the order of each extra
- Double click the current mandatory setting to change it
- Double click the current active setting to change it
- Double click the current 'Available after enrollment?' setting to change it
- Double click to permanently delete the enrollment extra from the bundle
- If a camper has already selected the extra, it cannot be permanently deleted from the bundle. However, you can still remove it from the enrollment form by making it inactive.
Enrollment Option Questions
Enrollment option questions are asked once the camper selects that particular enrollment option (as opposed to enrollment questions, which are asked of every camper regardless of which options they're enrolling for).
Add Enrollment Option Questions
- Select whether or not parents may change their responses to these questions after submitting the enrollment form.
- To add a new question, click +Add question...
- Type your question
- Select the question type to determine how parents will respond.
- For more information on question types, click here.
- Select whether or not the question is mandatory
- Select whether or not the question should actively display on your enrollment form
- Click Add question to create the question
The question will then be added to the enrollment form for this option.
Edit Enrollment Option Questions
- Click and drag to rearrange the question order
- Double-click the current question to edit it
- Click the current response type to change it
- Double-click to change whether or not a question is mandatory
- Double-click to change whether or not a question is active
- Double-click to permanently delete a question
- Questions cannot be deleted once they've been answered by someone. However, you can still remove the question from your enrollment form by making it inactive.
Adding restrictions to an enrollment option will limit which campers can see the enrollment option (so that only campers who meet the restriction criteria will be able to see the option).
Enrollment options can be restricted based on the camper's age or grade, gender, and/or a saved advanced report.
When restricting an enrollment option by a saved report, you must indicate whether the option should be restricted to the campers who appear on OR the campers who do not appear on the report. Then, whenever a camper's enrolling, CampSite will generate the report, identify if the enrolling camper populates on the report, and then refer to the "appears on" / "does not appear on" setting to determine whether the camper should show the restricted option to the camper.
First, select the checkbox on the left for the corresponding restriction, then provide the restriction details.
- Restrict the option to campers of a certain gender
- Restrict the option to campers of a certain grade or age range
- Select Grade or Age in the first dropdown menu, then specify the grade or age range on the right
- Restrict the enrollment option based on the campers who appear on a saved advanced report
- Select "appears on report" or "does not appear on report" and then select one of your saved reports.
- "Appears on report" = the enrollment option will only be available to campers who appear on the report
- "Does not appear on report" = the enrollment option will only be available to campers who do not appear on the report
- Click Save changes
By adding a passcode to an enrollment option, parents will not see the enrollment option until they enter the passcode first. This allows you to restrict enrollment to those you provide the passcode to.
Note: Passcodes must be created on Step 8 before they can be applied to an enrollment option on Step 9.
Apply a Passcode
To restrict enrollment for an option via passcode, click +Add passcode...
- Select one of the passcodes that was created on Step 8
- Click Add passcode to apply it to the enrollment option
Remove a Passcode
To remove a passcode from this particular enrollment option, double click to delete the passcode on the far right.
Also, note that even if a passcode is applied to enrollment options on Step 9, but the overall passcode is made inactive (via Step 8), the passcode will not be required to see those enrollment options.
Payment Schedule Groups
Associate one of the payment schedule groups that were created in Step 4 to this particular enrollment option.
Parents who select this option and choose not to pay in full at the time of enrollment will then be asked to select one of the payment schedules within the associated group (for paying their remaining balance later).
A few notes:
- Each family can only be on (1) payment schedule per payment schedule group. If a camper is enrolling for multiple options that all have the same group of payment schedules associated to them, the family only choose 1 payment schedule (which would apply to all of those enrollment options).
- If the payment schedule group setting is set to "None", parents are not offered any payment schedules for this particular option.
- Make sure to also review your database financial settings to stipulate what happens when no payment schedules are offered or when they've expired (via Admin > Campers > Financial: Settings).
The "Pipeline Overview" tab provides a brief overview of how many campers requested this particular enrollment option (sorted by request status).
- See a pie graph of all requests (by status)
- Hover your mouse over the chart to see the percentage of requests for each status
- See a count of how many new, approved, waitlisted, rejected, and incomplete requests you have
Note: An incomplete request indicates that the family started filling out your enrollment form (and selected this option) but didn't finish filling out the form and submitting the request. Admins cannot delete or edit an incomplete request on behalf of the parent.
Click the "count" for a particular status to view a list of which campers make up those requests. To access the camper's profile, click on their first or last name.
To access the contents of all of your Enrollment Requests, navigate to the Enrollment Requests page.
Duplicate Enrollment Options
To create an exact copy of an existing enrollment option, click the "duplicate enrollment option" button.
A "copy" of that enrollment option will be created, directly beneath the original.
Note: Make sure to also edit the sessions within the bundle(s) as needed!
Archive Enrollment Options
To remove an enrollment option from your enrollment form without permanently deleting it, archive the option.
When an option is archived, parents cannot see it on the enrollment form. However, admin users can still enroll campers for archived options manually.
Archive an individual option by clicking the "Archive enrollment option" button. Once archived, the option will be
removed from your enrollment form and stored in the archives on Step 9.
To archive multiple enrollment options at once, use the Mass Archive Enrollment Options tool.
Unarchive Enrollment Options
To add an archived enrollment option back to your enrollment form, unarchive the option.
First, click "Show # archived enrollment options" to access all of your archived enrollment options.
Your archived options will then display below this link.
Next, find the option you wish to unarchive and double click the 3 dots to expand the option settings.
Finally, click the "unarchive enrollment option" button. The option will immediately display on your enrollment form and move out of the archives on Step 9.
To unarchive multiple options at once, use the Mass Unarchive Enrollment Options tool.
Enrollment Option Tools
Mass Archive Enrollment Options
To remove an enrollment option from your enrollment form without permanently deleting it, archive the option. When an option is archived, parents cannot see it on the enrollment form. However, admin users can still enroll campers for archived options manually.
Using the "mass archive" tool, you can archive multiple enrollment options at once.
- Click to open the Enrollment option tools
- Click on "Mass archive enrollment options"
- Checkmark which options to archive (select all/none; or manually select individual options)
- Click "Archive selected enrollment options"
Once archived, options will be removed from your enrollment form and stored in the archives on Step 9.
Mass Unarchive Enrollment Options
To add an archived enrollment option back to your enrollment form, unarchive the option.
First, click "Show archived enrollment options" to access all archived enrollment options.
Next, ppen the Enrollment option tools and then select to Mass unarchive enrollment options.
- Select which options to unarchive (select all/none; or manually select individual options)
- Unarchive the selected enrollment options
The unarchived options will immediately display on your enrollment form and move out of the archive on Step 9.