The Camper transaction summary reports on the total amount of charges, discounts, payments, credits, refunds, and reversals per transaction category, to calculate your overall net revenue.
- This report is not designed for identifying the total amount of certain transaction types - e.g. total payments.
- If you need such specific information, generate the Transaction Log filtered for that specific transaction type.
First, navigate to the Financial Dashboard by clicking the Financial link in the top navigation bar.
Next, go "Camper reports" and select "Camper transaction summary."
- Select an enrollment year
- Filter transactions by the month they were created in CampSite
- For example, if 2020 is selected as the year, and the month of January is checkmarked, the report will generate any transactions created during the month of January of any year, that are applying towards the 2020 enrollment year.
- Filter transactions by a specific timeframe when they were created
- Leave the date range blank to report on all transactions from the selected enrollment year/months
- Click Run Report to generate your results
Note: If you filter by month or date range, the report results will only include 'Reversals' that occurred during the timeframe selected.
For example, if a charge was created in January and then reversed in March, and you only select January in your report filters, your results will not reflect the reversal, since the transaction was not reversed during the timeframe that you're filtering for.
- Double click to print or export the report results.
- View transaction totals by transaction category
- View transaction category totals by transaction type
- View the grand total
Totals by Category
The "total" listed on the far right represents the net total of all transactions for that particular category.
For example, in the screenshot above, the After School category has a net total of $1635, because $1645 in charges have been posted but only $10 in payments have been collected. The camp still needs to collect $1635 in payments for the current charges that have been posted for the After School category.
The School Break category, on the other hand, shows a total of $0.00, to indicate that all charges have been paid for this category. This is calculated by taking the $2400 total charges and subtracting the $50 in discounts, for an adjusted total charges of $2350. With $2350 in received payments, all charges have thus been paid.
A positive net total represents how much your camp still needs to be paid.
A negative net total indicates that your camp received too much payment (because the total amount of payments you've collected is higher than the amount that you've charged families to pay).
Totals by Transaction Type
When viewing the net totals at the bottom, please be aware that the net total does not account for reversals. ALL reversals are accounted for in the 'Reversals' column only.
That said, this report is not designed for identifying the total amount of certain transaction types. If you need that information, use the Transaction Log instead.
See the bottom right cell of the report for the net total of all transactions.
For example, in the screenshot above, the grand total of all transactions summed together equals a net of $70,192.28.
A positive net represents how much your camp still needs to be paid.
A negative net indicates that your camp received too much payment (because the total amount of payments you've collected is higher than the amount that you've charged families to pay).