The Transaction Log report generates an itemized log of all charge, discount, payment, credit, and refund transactions within your database.
First, navigate to the Financial Dashboard by clicking the Financial link in the top navigation bar.
Next, go "Reconciliation reports" and select "Transaction log."
To control which transactions populate in your report results, use the report filters.
Filter transactions by:
- Enrollment year
- By selecting 'Reversal', the report results will account for reversals of any of the other transaction types that are also selected - e.g. selecting "Charge" and "Reversal" will generate all original charges, and then deduct the charges that were later reversed. Click here to learn more.
- Payment method (applies only to 'payment' and 'refund' transactions)
- Transaction category
- Which payment schedule they're on
- "None" refers to transactions that are not associated to any payment schedules.
- The date when the transaction was created
- The text within their "Description" field
- Click Run Report to generate the transaction log
- Double click to print or export the report, and view how many transactions were found
- For each transaction, view the following details:
- Section: The module that the transaction corresponds with
- ID: The unique ID number assigned to each transaction
- Created: The date the transaction was created
- Created by: How the transaction was created
- Family / Group / Guest: The name of the account to which the transaction belongs. Click to view their profile.
- Family ID / Group ID / Guest ID: The ID number for the person to whom the transaction belongs
- Camper: The name of the camper that the transaction is associated with (only relevant to Charges and Discounts )
- Type: The transaction type (charge, discount, payment, refund, credit, or reversal)
- Method: The payment method used for the transaction (only relevant to Payments and Refunds)
- Category: The category assigned to the transaction
- GL Code: The ledger code tied to the transaction category with which the transaction is associated. Manage ledger codes in the Camper Setup Wizard Step 3
Description:The description assigned to the transaction.
- For pre-defined transactions, the Description is the name for that pre-defined transaction (e.g. Tuition Plan name)
- For transactions that were created manually, the admin user types the description when creating the transaction
- Payment schedule: The name of the family's payment schedule to which the transaction has been assigned. If the transaction is not assigned to a payment schedule, the report will say "None."
- Amount:The full amount of the transaction.
- See the grand total of all transactions
Reversed transactions will generate as 2 separate transactions in the report results: 1) the original transaction and 2) a reversal worth the inverse amount. Summed together, the reversal will zero out the original transaction when the grand total is calculated.
If you do not select to include "Reversals" in the Transaction Types filter of the report, the results will not include reversal transactions - just the original transactions.
If filtering by Date Created, note that the results will only include reversals that occurred during the time frame selected.
Learn more about reporting on reversed transactions here.