Create Medical Logs to document medical assessments for Campers and Staff.
- Medical Logs can be kept "open" if further treatment or follow up is needed, to allow for editing the log later. Or, they can be closed to prevent further editing, if nothing else needs to be documented.
- The Log Entry tool is optimized for mobile devices to allow medical staff to easily create medical logs "on the spot", anywhere they need to be at camp.
To create a new Medical Log, click the "Begin new log entry" link under the Health Center Visit Logs section of the Medical Dashboard.
1. Select a Camper or Staff Person
To begin, select a camper or staff person by typing at least 3 characters of their first or last name and selecting them from the search results that drop down.
Note: Only enrolled campers and hired staff will appear in the search results.
After selecting a camper or staff person, their details will populate.
View their profile photo and basic details.
To view all of their medical information, click the "Go to medical profile" button to jump to their profile. From there, navigate to their Medical tab.
Critical medical information
If the camper or staff person has any critical medical information on file, it'll display beneath their basic details for easy reference during the medical assessment.
2. Enter Log Details
Use the buttons/text fields to provide the medical log details.
- None of these sections are mandatory, if you prefer to leave any of them blank.
- Tap multiple buttons to select more than one, if needed.
3. Attach File
If needed, attach (1) .jpg, .jpeg, or .pdf file to the log.
- Tap/click the "press to upload file" area
- Select (1) file from your device and submit
4. Select the Staff Attending
Tap to select (1) or more members of your medical staff who attended to the camper/staff person during the assessment.
Again, these buttons are customizable.
To add/remove buttons, go to the Medical Dashboard > Medical Management > Medical log items. Click here to learn more.
5. Save the Log
When you reach the end of the log, you have 3 options:
Delete and start over
If you do not wish to save the log, click "Delete and start over." The log contents will be erased and you'll be automatically redirected to the queue of logs still waiting to be closed.
- Note that a log cannot be undeleted, so be careful when selecting this button.
Save and continue later
If you may need to edit/add to the log later (e.g. if further treatment or follow up is needed), choose "save and continue later." This option will save the log but leave it "open" so that it can still be edited later, if needed.
Finish and close log
If you're finished with the log and will not need to add to it or edit it later, click "finish and close log." This option will save the log and "close" it, which prevents any edits to the log later.
- Once a log is closed, there's no way to edit or delete the log later, so be careful when selecting this button.