Tuition Plans indicate the cost for attending your camp sessions. Each tuition plan is assigned a name, transaction category, and an amount. Admins can also create "Tuition Plan Rates" to offer different prices based on the date when a camper starts the enrollment process (e.g. "early bird" prices during a certain timeframe).
Tuition plans are used when creating enrollment options to specify the cost of the option, so in order to build a new enrollment option, the price for that option must be created as a Tuition Plan on Step 5 first.
Manage your Tuition Plans via Step 5 of the Setup Wizard.
On Step 5, you may:
Add a New Tuition Plan
- Select the correct enrollment year (based on which enrollment option you plan to link the tuition plan to)
- Click +Add tuition plan...
Next, provide the details for the tuition plan.
- Enter the name of the tuition plan*
- Select a transaction category**
- Enter the amount
- Click Submit to create the tuition plan
* All charges created for this tuition plan will list the tuition plan name as the "Description" of the charge (on the family's statement/in your financial reports).
** All charges created for this tuition plan will be labeled by this transaction category, for reporting purposes. If you need to create a new category for the tuition plan, go to Step 3 of the Setup Wizard first.
The new tuition plan will be added to your database (in alphabetical order).
To add this tuition plan to your enrollment form, select this tuition plan when creating enrollment options on Step 9. Click here to learn more.
Edit a Tuition Plan
Admins can change the name, amount, or transaction category of a tuition plan anytime after it's been created.
- Any changes made will automatically apply to all enrollment option bundles that include this tuition plan.
- Changes will only impact new enrollments that occur after changes have been applied. Campers who already registered for the tuition plan will NOT be impacted.
Double-click the pencil icon to edit a tuition plan.
Edit the name, category, and amount as needed, then click Submit to apply your changes.
Delete a Tuition Plan
Admins can permanently delete a tuition plan from the database if:
- The tuition plan isn't currently built into to any enrollment options.
- No campers have registered for the tuition plan.
If you need to remove a certain tuition plan from your enrollment form, it's not necessary to permanently delete it. You can remove a tuition plan from your enrollment form via Step 9 by managing which tuition plan is assigned to your enrollment option bundle(s).
To permanently delete the tuition plan from your database, double-click the delete icon on the right.
Create a Tuition Plan Rate
Tuition Plan Rates allow you to offer a different price for a tuition plan, during a certain timeframe.
Each tuition plan rate must include a start and end date during which that rate applies. Campers who start enrolling during that timeframe will be charged the amount indicated for the tuition plan rate instead of the standard tuition plan amount.
Once the tuition plan rate has ended, CampSite will automatically charge the standard amount moving forward.
- Select the correct enrollment year
- Locate the correct tuition plan and double click the 3 dots to expand the plan
- Click + Add tuition plan rate... (underneath the tuition plan)
- Enter the name of the rate*
- Select a transaction category**
- Enter the amount of the rate
- Enter the full amount that should be paid (NOT the discount that should be deducted from the standard amount)
- Select the first day on which this rate should apply.
- Select the last day on which this rate should apply.
- Set whether or not to activate the rate.
- Click to add the rate.
* All charges created for this tuition plan rate will list the tuition plan rate name as the "Description" of the charge (on the family's statement/in your financial reports).
** All charges created for this tuition plan rate will be labeled by this transaction category, for reporting purposes. If you need to create a new category for this rate, go to Step 3 of the Setup Wizard first.
The new rate will be created for the selected tuition plan.
If needed, create additional tuition plan rates to offer several different rates at different times of the year.
Edit a Tuition Plan Rate
Admins can change the name, transaction category, amount, start + end date, and active status of a tuition plan rate anytime after it's been created.
- Locate the corresponding tuition plan and double click the 3 dots to expand the plan
- Double click the pencil icon for the tuition plan rate
Edit the settings for the tuition plan rate as needed, then click "Update rate" to apply your changes.
Note that any changes will only impact new enrollments that occur after your changes have been applied (campers who already registered will NOT be impacted).
Delete a Tuition Plan Rate
Admins can permanently delete a tuition plan rate from the database if no campers have registered under that rate yet.
- If you need to disable a certain tuition plan rate, but can't delete it, deactivate it by editing the rate settings and configuring the "Active" setting to No.
To permanently delete the tuition plan rate from your database, locate the corresponding tuition plan, expand the plan, and then double click the delete icon for the rate.
Add a Tuition Plan to the Enrollment Form
When creating bundles for each new enrollment option, admins designate the price for the bundle by selecting a tuition plan that was already created on Step 5.
Then, when a camper enrolls for this particular enrollment bundle, they'll be charged the price stipulated by the tuition plan that was built into the bundle.
For more information on creating enrollment options and bundles, click here.