If a family doesn't pay in full at the time of enrollment, you can offer payment schedules for their remaining balance. Each payment schedule consists of specific dates on which all families are expected to remit payment to your camp. For each payment date, an admin user will batch generate and email invoices to collect payment from the relevant families. For all families on "auto pay," an admin will also batch debit invoice payments from each family's preferred payment method.
If you require families to pay in full at the time of enrollment, payment schedules are not relevant to your camp and do not need to be configured.
To manage your payment schedules, navigate to Step 4 of the Camper Setup Wizard within the Campers Admin tab.
Adding payment schedules to your enrollment form is a 3-step process:
Add a New Payment Schedule Group
Payment schedules are organized into groups. First, you'll create a payment schedule group; then, you'll create payment schedules within the group. Finally, you'll add your payment schedules to your enrollment form by linking a group of payment schedules to an enrollment option.
- For example, if you offer summer camp and afterschool programs, you'll create a group of payment schedules for the Afterschool program and then a separate group of schedules relative to Summer Camp.
- If you want to offer the same set of payment schedules to all of your enrollment options, you can create only one group of schedules and link that same group to all of your options.
To add a payment schedule group:
- Choose the right enrollment year
- Click to add a payment schedule group
Next, provide a name for the group and click Add payment schedule group.
Payment schedules are contained within each group.
Click the name of the payment schedule group to access/manage the schedules within that group.
From the payment schedules page, you can create payment schedules and manage existing payment schedules. To learn how to complete the batch invoicing process, read this article or watch this video instead.
Create a New Payment Schedule
To create a new payment schedule, click +Add a new payment schedule...
- Name the payment schedule
- Select whether or not "auto pay" is required
- When a family selects auto pay, your camp will draft their payments for them, on the payment due date
- If auto pay is required, all parents must agree to let your camp draft their payments
- Select whether to offer this payment schedule on your enrollment form
- If No, parents won't be offered the schedule, but admin users may place a family onto it manually
- Enter the first date on which payment will be due
- Click to add more payment dates to the schedule
- Each family's balance will be divided into equal payments per date
- E.g. a balance of $500 on a schedule with 5 dates = $100 payments
- (Optional) Add custom instructions for this specific schedule
- Click Submit to create the payment schedule
Manage Payment Schedules
- Click to create another payment schedule within the group
- When a group contains multiple schedules, parents can choose which payment schedule they want (but they can only choose 1 schedule per group).
- Edit the general settings for the payment schedule (double click)
- Add* another payment date to the schedule (double click)
- Change an existing payment date (double click)
- Delete* a payment date (double click)
- Delete the entire payment schedule (double click)
- A schedule cannot be deleted if a family already checked out with it.
- Remove a payment schedule from your enrollment form by editing the general settings and configuring "Show on enrollment form?" to No.
*Adding and deleting dates will impact all families that are already on the payment schedule, as well as new families who add the schedule moving forward. Changing the number of payment dates will also impact the amount that each family has to pay per date, since their balance is divided evenly across all payment dates.
Add Payment Schedules to the Enrollment Form
Add payment schedules to your enrollment form by linking a group of payment schedules to an enrollment option. You can manage your enrollment options via Step 9 of the Camper Setup Wizard.
Navigate to Step 9 of the Camper Setup Wizard and then:
- Expand the enrollment option
- Select the "Payment schedule group" tab
- Click the dropdown menu and select the appropriate group
- Save changes
All campers selecting this enrollment option will then be asked to select one of the payment schedules within the group when enrolling (if they don't pay in full at the time of enrollment).