Web forms allow Parents and Staff to enter data online through the Parent or Staff Dashboards, which is then reportable in CampSite through Advanced Reporting. You are able to customize web forms with a variety of response types:
- Header: Large, bold text that can be used to divide a form into individual sections.
- Paragraph: Text that does not have responses. Paragraphs can be used to provide instructions or information about a form.
- Small text: Short response fields, fewer than 100 characters
- Large text: Large response fields, more than 100 characters
- Dropdown list: Created in Admin > Miscellaneous > Dropdown lists
- Yes / no
To create a new web form, select "+Add new form..." within the appropriate scope (Permanent, Yearly, Session).
- Enter the name of the form
- Select "Web"
- Enter a due date, if applicable
- You may choose to post a charge to the family or staff member's account upon submission of the form. If you select "yes" you will be prompted to select the charge category, enter the amount and a description.
- Choose if you would like to make the form active. You should leave the form inactive until you are done building it.
- Choose if you would like to allow the form to be edited through the Parent or Staff Dashboard after submission. Making a form editable will allow the user to come back and make changes to it later.
- Making a form "Enrolled only?" will make a form available only to enrolled campers. The form will not show up on the dashboard for families if their campers are unenrolled. Note: This option appears ar "Hired only?" when creating Staff forms.
- Click "Submit" to save
The new form has eben added to the list of forms. Gray italics indicate that the form in inactive.
Click the yellow pencil to edit the form.
Click "+Add new question..." to add a new question.
- Enter text
- Select the response type
- Choose whether or not the question is mandatory
- Click "Save changes" to save
- Continue adding new questions
- Click "Save changes" to save your form
- Double-click the red minus sign to delete a question
- Click and drag to reorder questions on the form
Click to preview the form.
Note: Be sure to save the form before previewing.
The preview shows the form as it will appear on the Parent Dashboard.
- Click to continue editing the form
- Click to return to camper forms
Double-click in the "Active?" column to show the form on the Parent or Staff Dashboard.
The form is now active and can be viewed on the Parent or Staff Dashboard.