Advanced reporting allows you to easily create custom reports by pulling fields from various places within CampSite. Creating custom reports not only gives you the ability to see specific information about your Staff but also gives you the option to apply filters to narrow down your report results.
To create or view an advanced report, select "Advanced reports" from the Staff dropdown menu on the navigation bar.
- If you have any saved reports, you can select them from the dropdown. In this example, we will create a new report.
- By default, Advanced Reports will show all hired staff, regardless of which sessions they are hired for. You can choose the statuses of the Staff you wish to include on the report by selecting the appropriate check-boxes.
As an example, we'll create a report for Staff hired for Week 1, including date of birth, their Department name, their Division name for Week 1, and their contract due date.
To add fields to your report, click "+Add a field..." Fields are organized in Permanent, Yearly and Session scopes, and also include Salary field options.
Basic Info from the Staff Profile is organized under Permanent fields. Camp-specific fields: Staff > Permanent scope and Permanent Forms are also reportable.
From the Permanent fields, we'll select "Date of birth".
Yearly fields include information that changes on an annual basis, as well as data from Yearly forms and Camp-specific fields: Staff > Yearly scope.
From the Yearly fields, we'll select "Department name".
Session fields include information that can vary from session to session. Camp-specific fields: Staff > Session scope and Session Forms are also reportable.
From the Session fields for Week 1, we'll select "Division name".
Salary fields includes all information from the Yearly tab > Yearly info > Salary details of the Staff Profile page.
- From the Salary fields, we'll select "Contract due date".
- Once all fields have been selected, click the "X" to view your report.
Additional columns have been added to the report.
- Click and drag a field to re-order the columns on the report
- Double-click the red minus sign to remove a field
- Click a column header to sort data alphabetically or numerically
Any reportable field can also be added as a filter, which can be used to narrow down the results of your report.
We will add a filter to our report so it only includes female Staff.
Click "+Add a filter..."
To add our filter, we'll select "Gender" from the permanent scope.
Since we only want to include female staff on our report, we'll make our filter "Gender is exactly female", and click "Add filter".
Additional filters can be added by following the same procedure.
The filter has been applied and the report now includes only female Staff.
- Click the printer icon to print the report
- Click the envelope to e-mail staff
- Click the Excel icon to export the report to Excel
- Click the PDF icon to generate canned letters
- Click the PDF icon with the envelope to generate mailing labels
Click "Save as" to save the report and re-use it in the future.