The Camper Accrual Summary by Accrual Period generates the total amount of charges for each accrual period that you've defined for your database. An accrual period is comprised of several sessions, allowing you to report on the total amount of charges for a group of sessions combined.
To learn how to create accrual periods for your database, click here.
- This report does not include payment, credit, or refund transactions (because these transactions are not tied to specific sessions - only charges and discounts are.)
- That said, this report represents what you've charged (asked families to pay) for each accrual period, but not the actual payments you've received.
As such, this report allows camps to identify the revenue they can expect to receive for each accrual period (once all charges have been paid for).
First, navigate to the Financial Dashboard by clicking the Financial link in the top navigation bar.
Next, go "Camper reports" and select "Camper Accrual Summary (by Accrual Period)."
Filter which transactions are calculated into your results, as well as which accrual periods are reported on.
- Select an enrollment year
- Select which transaction types are calculated in the results
- Select the accrual periods to include in the results
- Filter transactions by the date they were created (leave blank to search all dates)
- Click Run Report to generate your results
If a charge or discount is not assigned to a session, it will not be calculated towards into this report. This can skew your report results.
To fix this, use CampSite’s Accrual Assigner to identify all charges/discounts that are not currently assigned to a session and assign them as needed.
Learn more by clicking here.
For each accrual period, CampSite will total together the transactions associated to all sessions within the accrual period.
- Double click to print the report results.
- Double click to export the report results as a spreadsheet.
- View the results for each accrual period, displayed in a separate table.
Results per Accrual Period
For each accrual period included in the report results, view the following details:
- Accrual period name.
- Each of your camp's transaction categories, displayed in separate rows.
- The GL code assigned to each category.
- The total amount of charges posted for the accrual period, per category.
- The total amount of discounts posted for the accrual period, per category.
- The total amount of reversed charges or discounts posted for the accrual period, per category.
- The grand total of charges per category (less any discounts and reversals).
- The overall grand total of charges for the accrual period (less any discounts and reversals) - i.e. the revenue you can expect for this particular accrual period.
Look at the bottom right cell in each accrual period table for the total charges/amount of expected revenue for that period (once all charges have been paid).
In the screenshot above, Camp Firewood currently has $1,155.17 in charges posted for the Q1 accrual period, so they can expect to receive that much money for this particular accrual period once all families have paid those charges in full.
- If your camp requires parents to pay in full at the time they enroll, and therefore no families have an outstanding balance after enrollment, then you will have already received the expected revenue indicated on this report.
- If you offer payment schedules, you'll receive the expected revenue once all invoices are paid.