Accrual periods allow for reporting on the collective earned revenue across multiple sessions.
First, create accrual periods by selecting multiple sessions to group together for reporting purposes. Then, run the Camper Accrual Summary (By Accrual Period) report to generate your earned revenue per accrual period, i.e. all of those sessions combined.
For example, Camp Firewood runs camp sessions all throughout the entire calendar year. They’d like to generate earned revenue per quarter, so they create 4 accrual periods - "Q1," "Q2," "Q3," and "Q4." The "Q1" accrual period contains all sessions that are held January - March, while the "Q2" accrual period contains all sessions that are held April - June, so on and so forth.
First, navigate to the Financial Dashboard by clicking the Financial link in the top navigation bar.
Next, go "Camper Financial Tools" and select "Accrual Periods."
Create Accrual Periods
- Select the appropriate enrollment year
- Click 'Add new accrual period'
- Name the accrual period
- Select which sessions to include in this accrual period
- Click 'Add accrual period' to create the period
Note: You cannot assign a session to more than one accrual period.
- Click and drag to rearrange the order your accrual periods appear in.
- Double click to edit the accrual period name/sessions.
- View the sessions currently assigned to the accrual period.
- Double click to delete the accrual period.
Reporting on Accrual Periods
The accrual periods you create will appear on the Camper accrual summary (by accrual period) report.
When generating this report, CampSite will calculate the total earned income for all sessions within each accrual period combined. To learn more about using this report, click here.